Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Did It Mom!!!

July 2010 My Mother was Diagnosed with Terminal Lung Cancer which later on spread to her Bones...


My Mother always told me to cut my hair where my reply was to her look her in the face and smile and that sort of calmed her down...

She even threatened several times to Cut My Hair while I was asleep and that always made me laugh...

You know what?

This always made news with the family when I came down to Toronto because the times I made note of cutting my hair before visiting it's always the first thing everyone noticed...

" David Cut His Hair! "

Though my Mom being a Mom... Nope... Not cut short enough but it's good enough... For Now... :)


I've never ever said no to my Mom or ever refused her requests...

I'm looking back at this as our Communication of Love...

I still hear and visualize in my head how my Mom asked me to cut my hair and the threats she made me to let me know that she was serious...

It made me laugh... Though I haven't been laughing much and when I do it's a facade...

I still remember and will always remember the day at St-Michael's Hospital in Toronto when my Dad left me alone with my Mom in the room...

My Mom brushed my hair away from my face with her hands and looked at me and said don't cry Lim... In fact she liked touching my hair and caressed my head until I stopped crying...

So...

I DID IT MOM!!!

Love You Always...

David


===


I get my Haircuts @ PlaneteHair with Dominique.

She thought I was going to get the usual cut and I asked her if she had time today because I wanted my hair cut short. I guess it protocol to always ask the client if they are sure and to confirm a couple of times to make sure. Dominique has been cutting my hair for a long time so we sort of laughed and she agreed but not as short as I had originally wanted it.

I trust Dominique and she knows what I'm going through in life and I know a bit of hers...

Trust...

Part of this is about someone else as well..

What I've been through within a 1 Year Period is now all on the Floor...

My Hair will grow back... It'll come back Stronger...
I'll also Hope that will be the same SD...
I'll give it time...


I Did It Mom!!!

No comments: