Monday, July 21, 2008

Xi'an was Great!


Xi'an was great!

Home of the Terracotta Warriors...

Terracotta Warriors was da bomb!!!
I have tons of pictures and will upload them to my Flickr when I come back...
:)

The site was over whelming as well as the scenery and ambience of the city...

We stayed 2 nights in Xi'an and I feel we didn't spend enough time here, on our last day it rained and it was a drag because we planned to do many things and one of them was to ride a bike on the Wall...

I will come back and that will be the first thing I do as I regret not doing it but we have a schedule to follow in order to complete our tour on our remaining cities...

Xi'an was filled with culture and eye candy when you goto the markets and small streets off the main... It looks seedy at times but that's what made it exciting!

The night it's really beautiful out here in the streets, during the day it's really smoggy because of the pollution...

Taxi drivers here are not helpful or just plain crooks...

I witnessed a robbery in plain daylight where the thief ran towards my direction...
What was I to do? It ended that I let him go as there was hundreds of people on the street and this was around 8am!!! A local stopped the thief and I was relieved that he was because I had to opportunity to stop him but didn't...

We went to a restaurant one night and there was the whole staff just standing in front of us waiting to take our order... Imagine just sitting down with the menu and 6 restaurant staff members standing in front of you for 5 - 8 minutes! LOL!!!

Still not used to the Chinese food here but hopefully it will be better here in Shanghai here and the rest of the voyage...

I have lots more to say about my experiences but little time...

Take care everyone and hope to see everyone soon!

No comments: