Sunday, October 03, 2010

My Eulogy @ My Mom's Funeral - Short Version



My Mother was a Cancer Victim...  

She lost her battle and may my mother Rest In Peace...

Cancer makes the people suffer both mentally and physically it also effects the family as well...

Cancer...  How I Despise It!!!

I took this photo during my hellish 4 Nights by my mother's bedside at Toronto East General Hospital staying up with her the whole night for those 4 nights until her death...

This will be my last photo and reminder of her...

My given Chinese name is Wong Chui-Lim and I am Wong Ngan Wah's eldest son...

This is my Eulogy that I gave at my Mom's Funeral Service...  It had to be cut down because of our time limitation...  I will post the long version later this evening...

I Miss You and I Love You Mom...

Always...

David


===


Hi my name is David.

I am the eldest of the 5 children, the # 1 Son, mommy's helper and I am here to honour my beloved mother.

My siblings are my brother Wallace and my 3 sisters Sylvia, Natalie and Lillian and grandmother of Simon, Erika, Maxwell and Tia.

I would like to thank everyone for coming here for my mother.

For those that knew my mother and did not know what happened to my mother or did not hear from my mother please do not take it personal or any offence to it.  My mother did not want anyone to feel pity or sorry for her.  My mother was like that.

My mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer and she was hospitalized for 2 months and was transferred to 3 different hospitals during her battle against cancer.

My father stayed beside my mother every single day at the hospital during those 2 months with my mother, my father's presence beside her comforted her the most.

We had hope that our mother was going to come home.

My mother and father adored and loved each other very much.

My mother told my father that she did not have to worry about anything because she knew that her 5 children would always take care of her.   

My mother had several last wishes and the most important one for my mother was that all her children be with her at her bedside when she passes.

On September 12th at 2:30am all her children were there at Toronto East General Hospital and on September 12th 4:07am my mother had taken her last breath and she had died in our arms.  On September 12th it was also my parent’s 45th wedding anniversary. 

My mother received her last wish, my mother also was able to be with my father on their wedding anniversary. 

Everything my mother did, she did it for us.

My mother worked very hard, my mother taught us values and tradition, my mother taught us to respect our relatives, my mother never wanted us to fight or argue against each other, my mother took very good care of us, most importantly my mother loved her family, family was the most important thing for my mother. 

I can remember the first time my uncle arrived in Canada, my mom was so happy and I still remember her face and how she reacted when she first saw him, I sort of felt afraid seeing some strange man hugging my mother.  Years later my grandparents and my mother's siblings arrived to Canada.  My mother was complete.

On a final note…

My mother died at age 65…  She died very young...

My mother's cancer caused her a lot sickness, pain, discomfort and she was very afraid and we were all there for her, never left her alone, always reassuring her, talking to her.  The nurses at the hospital looked at us funny seeing at least 3 to 5 people in my mother's room 24/7 we all took turns.  My mother was not the only one suffering in that Palliative Ward. 

My family's request is that if you would like to…

Please donate to the Canadian Cancer Society

I want to say to my mother wherever she is please don't be afraid, it's ok and that we all miss you very much, your presence is missed very much by all of us and that we all love you so much…

I have so many memories with my mother and now I feel like I am 8 years old again crying for his mom but I know we will all meet again on the other side.

Je t’aime mama...  Je t’aime beaucoup...

I would like to do one last thing for my mother and I know it would please her very much…

Gather family and extended family in front of mom's coffin for minute of silence.

Thank You!



===

  

1 comment:

Satoue said...

David, you did manage to make me cry in front of my computer... I did not know your mother, but one thing I know, she and her husband, have succeeded in raising children who have become great adults, from wha I hear see from you. With as we say «les valeurs à la bonne place» and this, is more than a lot of parents can say about their own.

I can't imagine how I would have felt if I was there with all of you. Other people pain and sadness often affec me more than my own.... That's just the way I am.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones, for her. She would certainly want all of you happy and at peace, even if she is gone.

xxx