Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Gift...


Holiday Season...

Christmas comes around once a year and the magic is gone where as when I was a kid gifts and presents came out of nowhere...  That was magic...

Now it's about getting that perfect present...

I like giving out gifts and presents but not really thrilled about getting them...

Giving the perfect gift to someone shows how much you really know the person...

Now it's all about money and retailers selling, where people buy and buy some more...

Seeing the look on the person's face that you bought a gift for and knowing you got it right is priceless...


Though I've noticed some people take this thing too seriously and their expectations aren't met and some people they want more and aren't satisfied with what they received...

Where's the spirit?

Felt like being alone today and I'm enjoying it...

The shopping mayhem, parties smiles, laughter, deception, greed, celebration and family gatherings...

I'm safe from it for now inside my house...

Given a gift today...

I'm asked aren't you going to open it?

I said no...  (I almost never open gifts and I often put it aside and leave it still wrapped...  There's nothing I need that I can't buy myself...  I don't understand why people's feelings get hurt because when asked what I want I usually say get me nothing and when forced to choose I say ok then give me money...  That usually makes people stop asking...)

Anyways...

I said no...

I don't need to open it...

In my head I was saying to myself the gift I really want is impossible to have yet I still have my memories of her...

I got a hug and that was a better gift than what I was given and a consolation for what I really wanted...


Happy Holidays to All of You with your Loved Ones...


Merry Christmas Mom...


The Gift...

No comments: