Wednesday, September 12, 2012

If the days don't allow us to see each other... Memories will...

If the days don't allow us to see each other... 

Memories will...


It's now 2 years since my mother passed away from Cancer...

Took a week off work to come back to Toronto from Montreal and spend some time in the house that we grew up in...

Went out for walks and up and around the neighbourhood...

Things have changed and the people that I grew up with are gone but the memories will always be there...

Photo is taken from my parents tombstone and for those that are wondering what it is...

It's Wong...  Our family name...

Here's my story... 

My mother tongue is Chinese (Cantonese) though I've lost it a long time ago it was a disablity for me when I was around other Chinese people that spoke it to me though I understood but cannot speak...

When asked my family name, even though I knew how to respond my mother would just jump right in there and say it for me...  Sing Wong in Cantonese...  She would later go on and say he doesn't know how to talk in Chinese...  And the Chinese person would say in disbelief...  He doesn't talk Chinese??? 

My mother would say to the person like a Chinese mother would...  "He's No Good!!!"

I would always roll my eyes back and say to myself...  "Oh Brother!!!"  Here we go again...

This happened most of my life when I was with my mom...

Just sitting here for the last couple of days...

My mother always looked out for us...

She always will...

Love You...



If the days don't allow us to see each other...

Memories will...


If the days don't allow us to see each other...  Memories will...

No comments: