Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cancer... " There Is No Cure... "

===


Talking to someone in regards to this Weekend's Cancer Walk in Montreal...

I was pretty shocked to hear from someone...  " There is No Cure... "

WTF!!!

It wasn't something that I expected to hear as this person lost someone very close to them from Cancer.

I'd like to think that it was Frustration coming out of this person because we both went through the same thing and felt robbed of losing a loved one...  I know that Frustration very well...


My Mother had Terminal Cancer and our Whole Family had Hope that she would beat it...

My Mother was in 3 Hospitals during her period with Cancer...
St-Michael's Hospital / Princess Margaret Hospital & Toronto East General...


I've seen what goes on and how they treat and care for people and it's not easy for anyone...


I've seen during the time with My Mother in the Palliative Care Ward where once there was someone in the Ward in one of the rooms just to walk by later during the day to find it empty...  


I've heard the cries and screams during the night during my sleep over in My Mother's room in the Ward...  It still haunts me until this day...


There is no such thing as a Good Death with Cancer in my experience in a Palliative Care Ward...


My Family made sure she was never alone...  Unfortunately that was not the same for other people...




My Mother...


She didn't want to let her Close Friends know that she had Cancer...


They only knew when they received a phone call for My Mother's Service or they read it in the Obituaries in the Newspaper... 


Myself...


I'll always Hope that there will be a Cure One Day for Cancer...


I Never...  Ever...  Want to Hear...  


" There is No Cure for Cancer... "




Weekend to End Women's Cancers starts this Saturday...


Please Donate... 


http://davidcwong888.blogspot.com/2011/08/le-week-end-pour-vaincre-les-cancers.html




I found this Video Inspiring...


No comments: